Sunday, April 19, 2009

What if I picked my lilacs?

My lilac bushes are blooming and they are still small bushes.If I pick the blossoms will that help them bush out and grow or for next year or should I leave them alone?

What if I picked my lilacs?
Lilac bushes bloom on %26quot;new wood%26quot; so they need pruned back after blooming so new fresh wood will grow for the next years blooms. You can use this to control the size and height of your bush if desired. I usually cut mine in the 1st or 2nd quarter of the moon which you can find in an almanac.
Reply:cut them ,small bush,they wont get any more blooms till a little older , sprinkle epsoms salt on dirt,an water plant,it is like a tonic for them,they will like it 2x,a month%26lt;not a lot of salt now%26gt;



dry skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment