Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How often do I need to hand feed 3 week old baby lilac crown amazon parrots?

How many hours at night can they go without feeding? What would a good feeding schedule look like for 3 week old amazons?

How often do I need to hand feed 3 week old baby lilac crown amazon parrots?
I have experience hand raising my baby cockatiels. When they were 3 weeks old, they required 4-5 feedings a day and at this point i didn%26#039;t have to do night time feedings.


If you buy a good formula ( I used Kaytee Exact) they have the feeding schedule included. Around 5-6 weeks you can start weening them by offering them a seed diet. And always make sure that the formuls is not too hot or to over fill their crop. Hope this helps a bit.
Reply:Feed early in the morning around 7am or 8;00am they have to have at lease 10-11 hours at night when they are sleeping of a empty crop so they don%26#039;t get sour crop or bacteria in the crop.feed every 4 or 3 times a day.It depends on if the crop if it is still a little full or empty go by the crop mostly feel the crop. last feeding at night should be at 8;00 or 9;00.Amazons are different then a small birds I have feed African Grey%26#039;s and you have to feed them until they are 6 months old.





When they are at the weaning stage I give zupreen pellets with some hot then cool to warm then give to bird this helps them to wean and foods like frozen veg warmed up,warm oatmeal,also give millet.I have hand feed alot of different kinds of birds in my life.



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment